About Board Engagement
The purpose of an Advisory Board is to provide a governance framework for the organisation whilst advising the management of the entity on key strategic and corporate matters.
A critical requirement in Private Company Leadership is to manage the three independent forces;
- The Shareholders ambitions and Balance Sheet pressures
- The employed Leaderships (Family or non-Family alike) ability to deliver enduring and profitable results
- The Business’ own need for clarity of purpose and accountability
To manage this process, BCS provides a complete Governance solution which incorporates:
- Strategic Planning
- Professionally Chaired Board Meetings
- Performance Contracts for Family and non-Family Leaders
- Performance Management structures that avoid the bureaucracy of a dedicated ‘HR Department’
- Family ‘Ownership’ Charters to effectively deal with the unique needs of all Family Members
The benefits from engaging with our Advisory Service include:
- A rhythm of the business from a Shareholder perspective
- Minutes and true records of regular Board and Family Council Meetings
- A reporting framework that meets the standards expected by all Shareholders
- Overseeing lively debate on the identification and assessment of various strategies for the business
- A mentoring resource to the Chief Executive (from the Chair) throughout the engagement
BCS’s systems and processes have helped our organisation drive strategy, creating a meaningful narrative, one supported by the disciplines that help close the performance – potential gap. They have helped deliver consistent, sustainable growth in top and bottom line.
Anthony Sullivan, CEO, Quantaco
It is the thinking systems, structure and the deep thought that has gone into designing the BCS methodologies that help organisations like ours extract the best from their potential. Focussing on the talent we have and helping our team perform at their peak has helped us drive sustainable growth.
David Gazal, Bisley Workwear